Tuesday, September 19, 2006

NFL Football picks for week 2 (9/17/06 - 9/18/06) - Results and recap

Again, I was 9-7 on the week. I'm beginning to see a trend here.

A few notes about this past Sunday's games:

  • How can a QB look amazing in the pre-season, but look like a rookie in the regular season? I guess I should know the answer to this, but I was expecting better things out of Dante Culpepper.
  • How dumb is Carolina for trying to get cute with the kickoff return in overtime? It wound up costing them the game.
  • I thought Detroit was better than that. Maybe the Bears are for real. I'll tell you this though: I picked up Rex Grossman for my fantasy team this morning.
  • Green Bay's season just sunk to new levels with a home loss.
  • I'd say the same about the Raiders, but they were already at rock bottom.
  • Eli looked good in the 4th quarter, as usual. I wish he'd play like that the whole game.
  • San Diego is the real deal. So much for a QB with no experience.
  • The Jaguars might be the most underrated team in the game.

This week: 9-7 56.25%

Overall: 18-14 56.25%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make some great points. Regarding Jacksonville, I got them at 15-1 preseason to win the AFC. Read below.

http://linejunkie.typepad.com/line_junkie/2006/08/odds_to_win_nfl.html

DIGG